MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ip logging and ban
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Don't know if this is on a to do list. But how about a ban by i.p action and i.p logging of all members that use the forum. It can be switched on and off if desired Smile.

Matt
IP ban is already in MyBB, it is in Admin CP -> Board Settings -> Change -> Banning Options. IP logging of all posts and members at their registration times exist as well, but I'm not sure about complete IP logging of all people that use the forum.
Alright, thanks for pointing that out.

IP logging for all posts would be nice to see about having and the option t switch it off if it takes up too much database space Smile
as we are talking about banning Smile, have a look at this tutorial
pastilles Wrote:Alright, thanks for pointing that out.

IP logging for all posts would be nice
There is. Below each post is "IP Address: Logged" And you can turn it off in Admin CP -> Board Settings -> Change -> Posting -> Log Posting IP Addresses
If you want that off, set it to "Do not log IP "
pastilles Wrote:But how about a ban by i.p action and i.p logging of all members that use the forum.

If you are talking about people viewing your site, I think it's easier if you have access to your server access logs, to use those.
yes, Im talking about the whole forums logs. Some other forum software has mods for i.p logging.