MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help I just banned myself, no admins left
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I have done something really stupid, I banned myself and I was the only admin on my forum. Now I cant do anything with my forum. Is there a way to fix this???

Thanks,

Oliver

ps my site is...

the-chess-forum.com
Go into phpmyadmin, select your database, go to the 'query' tab.
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '4' WHERE `uid` = '1'

Run that.
Change the last '1' if that isn't your UID.

Sorry I am new to mybb, coding, websites etc.

Firstly, where do I find phpmyadmin? I guess I have to go to my hosts cPanel where mybb is installed? Only I cant find it there.

Thanks for the super quick reply,

Oliver

Do you have cPanel? Search for phpMyAdmin.
Ok Thanks,

Right I found phpMyAdmin abd followed your instructions (I think correctly) this happend ...

[Image: vpvy4o.png]

But still I can not login Sad
Register yourself again. And run the above query, and change the uid = X. Replace X with your new registered ID.
Remove all the spaces before UPDATE.
You are the first registered member right? (UID1)
Yaldaram,

I did as you said, unfortunately it did not work Sad

Solidus,

Yes I was the first registered member, I deleted all the spaces. Still cant login says invalid pass word.

Not sure what I am doing wrong? Ill tell you my steps..

1.Under Database I have 3 options, I am not sure which one I should pick so I did the next steps three times, once for each database option

2.I copied and pasted the code Solidus kindly gave me into the box (as posted above in image) and clicked go

3.Tested, but, still can not log in (says passwork/username incorrect, they are NOT

I would like to point out that my site is new and only my close friends are members, I am happy to give all the users full admin control
If it says your password is incorrect then it obviously is incorrect. Try recovering it with the 'Recover a Password' feature.
Hi,

I'm sorted,
I changed the No: 1 at the end of the code to 2 then 3 until it told me lines have changed, rather than saying 0 lines changed as in the pic.

I then checked users on my site and all 3 where now admin, 1 being my test account woowooh. The other 2 are my girl friend and mate from work. so no problems there.

thank you all kindly for your help,

This is a great forum with some great member and a world of knowledge

Oliver

P.S. It seems I deleted myself not just blocked myself, guess that's why my password wasn't working

Pages: 1 2