MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anyway to clear all pm's?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyway to delete all pm's on the whole site that anyone has and start as a fresh.

One user had decided to spread emails to all members some lies about me and I would really like them gone.

please help

forum - www.virtualpetuniverse.com
You could just say that they're lies instead of forcibly deleting members' PMs. If I was a member at your forum I would think that you are trying to cover something up.
Possibly. These were active members but are trying to attack and destroy me essentially because i wanted to bring an "off topic" rule in place
The data is stored in the privatemessages table so thats where you'd remove them from, however as already pointed out by users before me, its not the way to go about sorting such a conflict. Whats stopping the users to resend the PMs after you delete them, and deleting ALL PMs will just make you look worse.
Have you a terms of service rules in place and showing which you make and all members agrees to them?
Your the admin and your site i take it so either warn the offender or remove him from your site!
(2011-01-16, 09:27 AM)rofled Wrote: [ -> ]Possibly. These were active members but are trying to attack and destroy me essentially because i wanted to bring an "off topic" rule in place

I looked at your forum and notice that YOU are the sole Administrator.This implies that you are also the owner of the forum.

I could not see a rules page or thread anywhere.Maybe it is a good idea to post one.Where YOU the owner can then make it available for everyone to read and apply.

New additional rules needs to be installed in a manner that is not created,to stop a specific person from doing something you do not like.That WILL cause problems.Better to install it after people settles down.

I did find this thread:

Suggestions, Criticisms, Compliments

In there I fail to find criticisms over your desire to implement an off topic rule.

They did have the opportunity to talk about it there openly.Instead they whine through the e-mails behind your back.

I find that pathetic.