MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: merge not converting posts or threads?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok so I just tried merging my small phpBB3 forum to mybb and it went okay except it didn't move any of the posts, threads, or permissions, but the members and boards seem to be good.

What should I do?
Have you run the Recount & Rebuild tools in you MyBB AdminCP?

AdminCP->Tools & Maint.->Recount Rebuild (Run them all)
ok, but now the post count is messed up. before it was only 5851, now its like 6300. just wondering.... what happened?
I had the same problem when i converted my from smf follow the steps in this post
http://community.mybb.com/thread-52909-p...#pid491354
then run the recount and rebuild again
(2011-01-16, 09:56 PM)Wolfy Wrote: [ -> ]ok, but now the post count is messed up. before it was only 5851, now its like 6300. just wondering.... what happened?

Its a recount tool, it is supposed to set your post counts to what they actually are if they ever get messed up. Or are you saying that your phpBB3 board had them as 5851 and MyBB says 6300? Even if that is the case, it could still be correct on the MyBB side, since your phpBB3 count may have been off. You can run this query in phpMyAdmin to see how many posts are actually there.

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `mybb_posts` WHERE 1
Which will say how many rows there are in the posts table for MyBB assuming a able prefix of mybb_

(2011-01-16, 11:34 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]I had the same problem when i converted my from smf follow the steps in this post

I don't think that post will help him... but we'll see what he says.
(2011-01-17, 05:22 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-16, 11:34 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]I had the same problem when i converted my from smf follow the steps in this post

I don't think that post will help him... but we'll see what he says.

Perhaps not but it fixed my post count when i converted from smf i did the recount and rebuild and the post count was over 100 more than it was on smf and it was exactly more by he amount of topics i had and it was because mybb was adding the first post of every thread as a reply.
I ran the query and file llinked to in that post and it corrected it.
yeah it's because each topic adds a topic as a reply.

I uploaded the repliesfix.php file like the thread you told me to go to lead to, so far no luck.

any other ideas?

Edit: just saw the phpMyAdmin post. I tried that and it gave me the correct number of posts (5853) where as the post count on my forum is 6768. how do I make it so that the first number is where the post count is.

Also, just like adbrad said, my post count seems to be off by the number of topics.
Did you run the repliesfix.php file by going to domain.com/repliesfix.php and then do the recount and rebuild again.
Ok, I'll have to take another look at each module and have a look see at the code for this, since that is obviously not correct functionality, and more than one module is affected despite the fact that each one's first post code is different.
I would still like help with this, as the post count is still off by about 800 posts...

I tried the repliesfix.php thing and it would either change the post count so that each thread had 6 posts in it, or they all only had one.
Pages: 1 2