MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [RESOLVED] Group Promotions not taking effect!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know how many times I've tried but it still doesn't work. I also did a search before posting this and looked all over for people with similar problems but none helped me fix my problem.

Heres a recap of what I did:

Set task manager > promotions > every minute

Then I made a couple new group promotions (Level 1, level 2, level 3)

For level 1, I made it so that to be in this group you have to be in Newbies and have post count >= 128 but when I manually changed one of my newbies' post count 150 to test if it works but it didn't. I also set it to primary/secondary user group in the group settings but still no luck. I set the task manager to promote users every minute, waited a couple minutes, and nothing. What's going on?

Then I did it to myself so that level 1 only applies to Administrators and I got demoted like a minute later so it worked for me but not my users.

Hehe, the demotion was a pain cause i had to go into the database and make myself admin again :/

I don't get it. Why is it not changing my newbie to level 1?
Users need to be active since the last time the task was run for it to affect them.
Oh really? I didn't know that lol. I thought the promotion task just checks post count (or whatever you set it to check for) and then promotes the user. I didn't know it checks for activity/inactivity.

Thanks! I hope this will work!