MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cookie path needs to be changed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
one can do from admin cp too..
just go to your
Admin cp of mybb.
General configuration
cookie path - 
@Grave -

If his cookie settings are messed up I doubt he'll be able to stay logged in.

@dK Jason -
Glad I could help, and thanks for the rep! Smile
he can login in easily -> The only problem will be the time he clicks configuration tab, he will be log out.
and again login he will be in configuration option.
and again if he clicks the genreal configuration options, he will be logged out.
and he will login again, and now he will be in general configuration options,
after editing cookie path when he will save it he will be logged out again for the last time and than everything will be fine after login again.
(2011-01-17, 02:47 AM)grave Wrote: [ -> ]he can login in the only problem will be the time he clicks configuration tab, he will be log out.
and again login he will be in configuration option. and again if he clicks the genreal configuration options, he will be logged out. and he will login again, and now he will be in general configuration options, after editing cookie path when he will save it he will be logged out again for the last time and than everything will be fine after login again.
I doubt it will save if the Cookie Settings are not working. Because, I tried that once and it didn't save.
(2011-01-17, 02:48 AM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-17, 02:47 AM)grave Wrote: [ -> ]he can login in the only problem will be the time he clicks configuration tab, he will be log out.
and again login he will be in configuration option. and again if he clicks the genreal configuration options, he will be logged out. and he will login again, and now he will be in general configuration options, after editing cookie path when he will save it he will be logged out again for the last time and than everything will be fine after login again.
I doubt it will save if the Cookie Settings are not working. Because, I tried that once and it didn't save.

You are correct. If you press save and it logs you out it will log you out. Hence the reason I made this topic obviously otherwise I would have done that lol?
(2011-01-17, 02:48 AM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt it will save if the Cookie Settings are not working. Because, I tried that once and it didn't save.
I never tried too, but i guess this would have worked Derek, or may be one can also give hand in this way, going directly to genral configuaration option
[condition he knows this url, if not than asking some1 this url]:-
http://www.site.com/admin/index.php?module=config-settings&action=change&gid=7

and than saving the settings for cookie path.
well this is very good that his problem is solved but non-programming knowledge person may do{may do} few more mistake while editing "settings.php" file.

(2011-01-17, 02:51 AM)dK JaSon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-17, 02:48 AM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]
You are correct. If you press save and it logs you out it will log you out. Hence the reason I made this topic obviously otherwise I would have done that lol?

Ok, I never tried this, I just thought if this could have worked.

After you edit them in settings.php, you have to edit them in the ACP too.
Pages: 1 2