MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [RESOLVED] Usertitle says "Unregistered" when user is already registered?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's going on? I have a few users register the other day and when they posted in some thread right underneath their username it says "Unregistered" meanwhile they are registered.

And today, another person registered, and they posted, and it says "Newbie" under their title which it should so that's what I want. But I don't understand why those others users show up as "Unregistered"....

When I go to MEMBERS LIST at the top link, it says they are all NEWBIES which is correct, but when I view a thread with their posts it says "Unregistered" as their user title and the other newbie has it as "Newbie" as his user title which is correct. How come the other newbies' say "Unregistered"?
Could they have changed it themselves? Also, could we have a link to your board?
I disabled the option for my members to change their usertitles and I doubt they touched it. The link is:

http://www.neobytez.com

Thanks!

P.S I manually activated all the newbies so far if that helps. It shouldn't matter because the latest newbie I have doesn't have this problem. Only the newbies that registered 3 days ago when I started the forum do.
Hold on! It says unregistered, they don't even have an account. Are you 100% sure they registered? It doesn't show a post count or anything, they're probably guests.
No I'm sure they are registered. They even made threads and all.

But today I changed their UID's in the database so could it be that their account is no longer linked since the UID is no longer the same? Could that affect it? I changed the UIDs because they were random #'s and I wanted it in order (I only have 5 members so yeah)
(2011-01-17, 05:41 AM)zero_coke Wrote: [ -> ]No I'm sure they are registered. They even made threads and all.

But today I changed their UID's in the database so could it be that their account is no longer linked since the UID is no longer the same? Could that affect it? I changed the UIDs because they were random #'s and I wanted it in order (I only have 5 members so yeah)

Yes, changing the UID will cause this.
(2011-01-17, 05:41 AM)zero_coke Wrote: [ -> ]No I'm sure they are registered. They even made threads and all.

If guests have access to post threads then it could very well be them. Also, changing the UID to something it isn't will probably mess it up.

Yes, I just resolved it. It was the UIDs that caused this problem. Thankfully I saved the old UIDs. Oh man do I feel good for doing that lol. Or else it would've been a guessing game since the UIDs were ranging from 1-30 for each user. Thanks Derek and Booher for your help!
No problem, remember to mark it as solved. Smile