MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [INDEV] MyBB Banner Ad Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I think this is my first post here, but i'll hopefully be around a lot more from now on Cool! Anyways, this is the first plugin I've made, and it's basically intended to be an advertisement system for MyBB.

Basically, from the admin panel, you can add an image to the top center of every single page (similar to Hello World, but centered). You can set the image dimensions manually if you want, and you can link the image wherever you like. For now it only ads 1 image to the top of the page, but in the future (especially if you guys have suggestions, I'd be happy to include them) I plan on adding more images all over the page and more options in the admin panel.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Screenshots:
Frontend
Backend

CONSTRUCTIVE comments and criticism welcome!
There are a few of these available already , but no harm in having another, good luck Wink
If you're able to add onto it, I'd add some extra features not found in the other plugins so that your plugin is more unique.

Some suggestions:

*Impressions based listings, would come in handy if you wanted to sell CPM banners
*Randomized banner rotation, add several banners with links and randomize their display.

Even MyBBCentral's plugin which is pretty powerful doesn't support that, so it would make yours stand out and be useful to those wanting those features that aren't found elsewhere.
Quote:CONSTRUCTIVE comments and criticism welcome!

You have to consider adding features because as you have it written a simple edit to header template would be more efficient.
(2011-01-22, 01:47 AM)PwnEm Wrote: [ -> ]If you're able to add onto it, I'd add some extra features not found in the other plugins so that your plugin is more unique.

Some suggestions:

*Impressions based listings, would come in handy if you wanted to sell CPM banners
*Randomized banner rotation, add several banners with links and randomize their display.

Even MyBBCentral's plugin which is pretty powerful doesn't support that, so it would make yours stand out and be useful to those wanting those features that aren't found elsewhere.
Thanks for the ideas, will work on adding em now Big Grin

(2011-01-22, 02:13 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:CONSTRUCTIVE comments and criticism welcome!

You have to consider adding features because as you have it written a simple edit to header template would be more efficient.
Yeah like I said above I'm going to work on the suggestions, thanks Smile

Don't mean to grave dig but is there something like this that supports multiple banners