MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: forum disclaimer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is a good forum disclaimer? For example if I own a photo forum where people post photos. How do I know if they did not post any copy righted photo? can I get into trouble because of that? Or is having a good disclaimer enough?
(2011-01-17, 09:28 PM)parlanchina22 Wrote: [ -> ]What is a good forum disclaimer? For example if I own a photo forum where people post photos. How do I know if they did not post any copy righted photo? can I get into trouble because of that? Or is having a good disclaimer enough?

I'm not good in legal terms but you can write in your disclaimer that the forum administrator or any other forum team is not responsible for any content the a user posts to the forum. And if some would find copyrighted material on the forum that they can contact the forum administrator and that those materials will be removed from your site immediately. You could read the disclaimer or legal agreement for rapidshare or other filesharing service.