MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried the forum backup feature but It only backed up the structure of the forum. How do I do a backup that includes the design of the forum, db and structure? basically how to back it up all?
Tick the structure and data option... the 'structure' will just store the actual tables and no content, if you chose structure and data, it'll backup the entire database...
what about the forum files, design, etc?
That's nothing to do with the database so you'd take that separately. The CSS is stored in the database, but for things like images, uploads, plugins etc, you'd need a file backup too. They're two totally different things.
So I go to Home ยป Database Backups and select Structure and Data, and in addition I make a copy of all forum files?
Is there anything else I need to do?
thanks a lot
If you do both of those you'll have everything, there's nothing else to backup.
If you want to save your current theme and template edits,goto THEMES AND TEMPLATES>Themes>Your Theme>Export Theme>Select first option to YES as well as the Option, "Include templates in the export as well?" should also be selected as YES and the template modifications and all will be downloaded with theme as .xml file Smile