MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB for a new owners lounge?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I'm plannng to start a hardware owners lounge, where people owning a computer, phone or other hardware can keep a record of everything there is to know about it (and more), and where discussions can be held about the hardware. (Please no comments that this exists, I will set it up radically different, rest assured)!

The idea is that a thread is owned by the one who starts it, can be handed over to another user if an owner no longer wants to be active, and also can be 'abandoned' and 'adopted' at some later stage by someone.

It needs a clear landing page per piece of hardware (e.g. page 1 but I always disliked that solution and suggestions for something more sexy welcome) with a discussion thread attached. Also it needs an easy facility to structure a hierarchy and moderate it easily without changing the integrity of the system (someone registers the Sony VGN-SZ111, it needs later to be added to the Sony group. And then infinitely more complex changes in practice...).

I'm orienting myself and at first sight MyBB looks good and is capable of all else I need, but the above needs I cannot find.

Your advice where/how to do this with MyBB are more than welcome, as is a wake-up call that it cannot be properly done, and perhas even advice which other systems could.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jan
This is under construction I think: http://community.mybb.com/thread-84775.html
Well spotted, and thanks very much for pointing me at it. That is indeed what I'm looking for too!

I'll contact them and hopefully can help with beta testing.

With kind regards,
Jan