MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: disc space
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This may seem a really weird or stupid question...

-Since installing the board, 5-6mb fo disc space has already been used up. Totel of about 150 posts...is that normal? Should i compress something, do something else?
Well my database is 4MB.

And it has 215 threads, however you should also remember that not only posts that counts, you have the users, settings, etc....

regards
I would have to agree, 10million posts doesn't really matter as on my forum it's not really an F.A.Q help board...whereas this one is. I did run a search on this site but didn't find anything...mybboard is much better then invision power!

QUESTION: Do you have any tips on how i can reduce the ammount of disc space being used?

-For a start i have stopped upload of avaters...no members have actually posted attachments YET! But if they do, ill review them...

Thanks for your help!
Disc is determined by a lot of things.

Size of posts, number of posts in a thread, number of threads in a forum, number of users, etc.

Something you really can't help.

And 6 MB isn't really that much, in my opinion, my old site was about 60-70 MB.

Disk usage 74.55 Megabytes
SQL Disk usage 4.06 Megabytes

This is what my forum uses. Btw, I have a lot of Arcade on it. I think more than 100.
So, 6 MB is not so much.
Dont forget, as much u have new users as much additional avatars , attachments etc.... will be added and consumes the space of the actuall space, in addition you have the the db, so i guess it is no normal to have 4-5 mb.

regards