MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Avatar / User Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have successfully run the merge tool and gotten everything from my old forum (punBB 1.2) -> MyBB 1.6 (newest version).

However, for some reason every single user is greyed out with the title of "unregistered" under their names, and none of their avatars came over. Individual user post counts didn't take either.

Is there anything I can do to remedy this? The users are in the correct user group by id (registered users, id 2) - which is why I'm puzzled.

Thanks
Ok, I'll address this in stages here Wink

Avatars: They never convert. The merge system does not currently support them. I do plan on adding this feature back in once I have the existing merge stable and as bug free as possible. But for now, it isn't happening.

Your users are showing that in posts, but not in their profiles I would hope. You wont be able to get to their profiles from the posts, but you should be able to from the member list. The issue here is that for whatever reason your posts didn't get re-linked to the users. The MySQL Query below will fix this for you; run it in phpMyAdmin on your MyBB database.
UPDATE `mybb_posts` p SET uid=(SELECT uid FROM `mybb_users` u WHERE u.username=p.username)
After running the query and rebuilding everything, I'm still missing associations to ~60% of the threads (they have no username under them, and show me "The specified thread does not exist." when clicked on)

Any ideas?
(2011-01-18, 10:40 PM)iliaksin Wrote: [ -> ]After running the query and rebuilding everything, I'm still missing associations to ~60% of the threads (they have no username under them, and show me "The specified thread does not exist." when clicked on)

Any ideas?

That query only fixed the people showing as unregistered. I'll need you to PM me database access details to see what data is in the tables for sure before giving you another query that will fix that.