MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.6 - Xampp 1.7.3 - php 5.3.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2011-01-18, 11:38 PM)Rhineus Wrote: [ -> ]I have another question, how do you install themes? I tried to "Import a Theme" but I couldn't. The readme inside of the themes, don't tell you nothing. Thx :-)

Download the theme, Upload its ./images/thecure/ folder in your forum's_root/images/ folder. Then,
Go to: ACP > Themes > Click on "Import a Theme" tab > Select "Local File" radio button > Press "Browse" button and select theme's .xml file from your computer > In "Parent Theme" select "MyBB Master Style" > In "New Name" > add "Your Theme's Name" > and In "Advanced Options" select "Ignore Version Compatibility" check box > and finally press "Import Theme" button.

Your theme's .xml file will be uploaded.

Then browse to your ACP > Themes > *Your Theme Name (e.g. The Cure)* > [Options] > Left Click on the button > and select "Set as Default" and "Force on Users" options.

You'll finally select the cure theme as your forum's default theme. All users of your forum will receive the same theme as their default. Wink
Thx Yaldaram :-)

I hope you don't mind me asking questions... but like I said, I'm new to myBB

Ok, for example, I'm using "ProBlack" and the plugin "Rules", but the rules don't show up on the main menu... how do you make it where the rules show up?
Goto templates and themes>Templates>Open Your Current Theme Templates>Header> and you will have to add link likes help and all in both the templates namely, welcomeblock_user and welcomeblock_guest (something of that name only) and add the links in the order after help,home etc on header,add:

<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/rules.php">{$lang->toplinks_memberlist}</a></li>

You can replace in the code , rules.php with your rules page URL Smile
Pages: 1 2