MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change inc directory name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know we can change admin directory name and hence protect it.

Is it possible to do something like that for inc directory as well...Because i want to mainly protect config.php ..Once that is revealed everything is done !
No
Really unnecessary to do that. You're going to have to make edits to a whole load of files and make edits to loads of plugins. It really isn't worth it. The only thing you really need to protect is config.php, but you don't need to rename the entire folder to do that...
If you password protect the inc directory on your host will that stop the software accessing the file or just people browsing to say domain.com/inc.
That will (to my knowledge) stop your board from being able to use the inc folder.
Why do you think that config.php needs 'protecting'? It doesn't return any code if called from a browser and is not open to any vulnerabilities. The only way it could be accessed to show the contents are if someone has access to your server or a malicious script accesses it in which case, it would not matter if the file is in a different place and you'd have bogger problems to worry about.
I know guys.But just to be on the safe side.I need to add extra protection to config.php
Just CHMOD it to 444 and put a .htaccess protection on it by putting this in a .htaccess file in the inc folder:

<files config.php>
Order deny,allow
deny from all
</files>
Thanks...Hope that does it !