MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Isn't this outrageous "People say MyBB is terrible"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have read in several forums (including my own) that myBB is
Quote:The codes on phpBB are more compact and powerful. MyBB is more created for people who doesn't know much.

What are your thoughts?
its not that MyBB is made for folks that do not know much, its that MyBB is more advanced and simply easier to use.
Who wrote that, someone who thinks he's great?

Mybb is created for everyone, but is easy to use for users who are new to it. PhpBB is used to destroy forums just like Vbul and SMF.
Generally the people who write this sort of thing don't know anything about forums, and have never even used MyBB. People very rarely give any sort of reasoning to these sorts of comments. Surely being able to use MyBB to it's full potential without knowing much about how forums work is a very good thing, no...?? Heh.
Matt is spot on tbh.
That honey badger is freaking me out.
(2011-01-18, 08:01 PM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]Matt is spot on tbh.

I agree with you on that one. Isn't making the system user friendly a good thing?
(2011-01-18, 08:31 PM)Matt G Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-18, 08:01 PM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]Matt is spot on tbh.

I agree with you on that one. Isn't making the system user friendly a good thing?

If phpBB don't consider that a good thing then that explains why it's so complex to use, install and mod Shy
I don't really feel it is outrageous, but I do feel that it is wrong as I know here the coding for installing mods are a lot easier than it is in phpBB. it would take me hours to install a mod on phpBB and here it takes literally a minute, maybe 2 lol

IF they don't like MyBB, let them not, but it's their loss.
Yes, if people don't want to use MyBB it is ultimately just their loss.

Anyway, don't think this needs to be discussed much more.