MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin can't see members' signatures!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I can't see anyones signature but my own. I have the option "Display users' signatures in their posts" checked off in the admin group settings but still I can't see anyone's signature in their posts except for my own. How come??

I didn't know until today a member told me to check out their signature and then I located one of their posts and checked but I couldn't see any image....he said he used [IMG] tags like I did in my signature but I can see mine and not his even though my post is right after his in that same thread....
And you see it when you go to his profile...??
You might have disabled it in Usercp >> Edit Options >> Display Signatures
Yes, I can see the siggy when I visit his profile, but not on their posts.

And in my User CP I have "Display users' signatures in their posts." enabled...
Open the full edit page on one of their posts, look under the textarea with the post in it, is the 'Signature' checkbox ticked??
Yes, thank you! That fixed it.

However, how come its not checked by default? How can I make it so that its checked by default?

Because now I can only see their signature on that post only, not the other posts.
That would have been unchecked when they submitted the post, and by default, if they have a signature, it's checked to begin with. Make a new reply yourself, either via the quick reply or full reply, and as you have a signature set, it should be ticked already.
Ah yes that is true. He added the signature and hasn't had any new posts yet. So now that he has a signature, it should automatically be ticked the next time he makes a post.

The last concern I have is: When they do start posting, and their signature is shown for the new posts then what about their old posts? Will it show on the posts they made when they didn't have a signature (before they added the signature, will those posts be updated?)?
Ah, yes, that makes sense. When you edit your signature you have 3 options; 'Enable my signature in all of my existing posts', 'Disable my signature in all of my existing posts', and 'No action'. The first one would force the signature to all posts that had the signature disabled (because they didn't have one when they were made), but 'No action' is selected by default, thus any posts that has signatures disabled, still have them disabled.
Oh ok. So the user has to manually select

"Enable signature in all posts"

in their signature upload area?

Unless they select that, then their signature will only show up in their new posts right?

Alright, that makes sense!

Thanks!
Pages: 1 2