MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Promotion to non-existent usergroup moves to Awaiting Activation, doesn't show list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I deleted some usergroups today and it appears some members were set to Awaiting Activation; however, they don't show up when I list Awaiting Activation members. Is there a way to make sure everyone is moved back to the proper member group?
Also, they are being moved back to that group if I change it ... most of my very active users cannot post.
Figured out the issue. The promotions were still set up for the deleted groups. Doesn't explain why they don't show under Awaiting Activation though.
Bump. It would appear that there are two bugs -- or at least unexpected behaviours -- here.

1. If there is a promotion set up that promotes users to a usergroup that no longer exists, it will continue to run but instead promote the user to Awaiting Activation, making their account unusable. It seems the proper behaviour would be for the promotion to simply not run if the destination usergroup doesn't exist.

2. Users who are moved to Awaiting Activation in this way do not show when you list all users that are currently in the Awaiting Activation group, meaning you can't identify any bugged users.

Some comment from someone on Support would be nice.
Have you renamed your admin group to something else?? I don't think they're actually being put into the awaiting activation group; with me, it's put the user in group 9, which is the one I deleted, and when I edit the user in the ACP it says the user is in the admin group; however, this is because the group they're in doesn't exist, so there's no pre-selected group in the usergroups list, thus it shows them as an admin there as it's just the first in the list. If you've renamed your admin group, awaiting activation would show up as their group, because then that'd be the first in the list. This'd explain why it looks like they're in the awaiting activation group but don't show up in the list of users awaiting activation.

The bug is that it will still promote users to a group even if it doesn't exist, which I can confirm and will report on the bug tracker. This actually explains an error a few people have been getting.
Yes, I did rename my admin group.

Thanks for looking into it Matt!
No problem. Bug ticket is here if you're interested: http://dev.mybb.com/issues/1416