MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Intalling and looked up web site got Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got this when I tried opening up the web site.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /homepages/29/d354698313/htdocs/inc/class_error.php on line 51

any ideas what this would mean if I just did a new install to a new Host?

Code:

line 44 class errorHandler {
line 45
line 46 /**
line 47 * Array of all of the error types
line 48 *
line 49 * @var array
line 50 */
line 51 public $error_types = array(
line 52 E_ERROR => 'Error',
line 53 E_WARNING => 'Warning',
line 54 E_PARSE => 'Parsing Error',
Your host's PHP version is low. Contact them to upgrade their PHP version to at least 5.1 or higher. If that's not possible or they refused to do so then Change your host.
Cool. Thank You So Much.

But my hosts web site says this

You may choose to simply name the script with the .php5 file extension if there are only a few scripts that require PHP5. If you don't want to rename all your scripts to .php5, you can do the create a .htaccess file (or edit the existing .htaccess file, if you already have one). You can create this file using a text editor such as Notepad, WordPad, vi, nano, etc. and place the following line in the text file:

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php

Save the text file as .htaccess in the folder where you need to use PHP5 (or upload the file to the correct folder). The settings specified in the .htaccess file are recursive meaning that the settings will apply to the current folder where the file is saved as well as all subfolders.

-How would this work I have tried putting that AddType x-mapp-php5 .php in and I feel like it needs to be closed some how or put in differently.

Never mind I found the issue with what I just said above
I needed to make a file named .ataccess in order for that to work

Thanks for the help
Yes, they are using PHP 5.0 . MyBB 1.6.x needs to have PHP 5.1 or higher.