MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: users uploading files private to them and myself?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well im back , fresh install of myBB Smile

Id like to use myBB for my new business if possible. ill try and explain this ..

I want to offer personalised videos to people (slideshow type) of partys, weadings, babys birthdays etc. What Id like is for a customer to contact me through the forum, I then accept the project and create a user account and password for them. Now, Once they log in to their account, they can then use the file upload to upload ALL the files ill need. .. MP3 soundtrack, Photos (upto 5meg), and Videos (up to 1 gig each). Then I can download the files and start work, creating the slideshow. Now as you may see, I want their uploads private so no other customers can see eachothers files. Just me and them (only their user name and password)

Basically each customer will have their own login details and are able to view and upload their own things but will be unable to see the others.

Is this possible?

To make it easyer for me , I can set the username and password for them and ask them NOT to change these so i have access to their account too.

Hope that makes sense and hope someone can help!

Quicker the better because ive almost installed myBB and would like to get a rough working forum by morning. then I can work on templates and graphics

Thanks all!
I don't know if this would suit your needs, but you could make a forum for the clients/users to post threads with the files, and for that forum, make it so users can only view own threads. (ACP -> Forums and Posts -> *Your Forum* -> Permissions -> Edit 'Registered' Permissions -> Can only view own threads.)
(2011-01-19, 03:16 AM)doddsyy2k Wrote: [ -> ]and Videos (up to 1 gig each)

I don't suggest uploading that too much weighty file. It'll run nasty sql query on showthread pages Undecided
(2011-01-19, 05:19 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-19, 03:16 AM)doddsyy2k Wrote: [ -> ]and Videos (up to 1 gig each)

I don't suggest uploading that too much weighty file. It'll run nasty sql query on showthread pages Undecided

What does the size of the uploaded file have to do with sql queries?
I dont think its possible to upload files that big. im getting the message "16 meg max" so im going to have to be messy and use Joshuas way and just give them directions to these online sites where you can mail files around 500 meg rrrr
Think of it this way, now your webhost won't hate you!

Toungue