MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to get forum active
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can I have any suggestions on how to get a newly found forum popular with lots of active users?

Like the forums I'm talking about has like 15k post and only 200 members. But the bad part is out of the 200 members only 5-10 are active(active like making oh 10-30post a day...)

Can I hear some of your suggestions, right now the site has a error on but will be fixed in a couple of hours when owner comes on.

http://www.thediscussionzone.com

Lets hear it.
Purchase ad spots.
Tell people.
Post on forums.
Start referral competitions for existing members.
Could you please name some spots to purchase ad spots.
There are loads of admins offering ad spots on their site at DigitalPoint & ForumPromotion.
I offer them on my site too.
You also need to make videos with your forum's name and post them on youtube. Youtube has thousands of audience around. You may also need to tweet your forum on twitter.com and also need to post on facebook.
Have something worth going to your forum for. That's the problem with mine right now, there's no reason to visit it. I hope that one of these days I'll release a project worth discussion.
bumb..

Lets heard some more ideas.
There are too many forums that discuss everything.
I've seen about 20 in the last 10 days, I say add a specific part to it that people would really enjoy to partake in.

Good luck.
Ditch the "general discussion" BS and find a niche.