MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email Notification by Default and Popup Box on new PM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,
I would like to modify code in order to have these two options:
Email Notification by Default and Popup Box on new PM on yes by default. Some users are just to dump to notice those useful options and never get notified about replies to their threads.
Thanks a lot for help anyone.
Regards.
Well popup box is by default YES.
Now in case you want Email notification you will have to edit the template member_register

find
$emailpmnotifycheck

replace it with

checked="checked"

now when ever anyone register , he will have the email notification for new pm enabled by default.

regards
Thanks for the tip zaher, it is useful too, but I meant not private messages, I meant rather normal replies. I would like to have all my users automatically be able to receive e-mail notification of new replies to the threads they participate in.
Thank you.
Open the template member_register and search for:
$emailnotifycheck
Replace with:
checked="checked"
alright, it is the same way, and in the same place, but instead of replacing $emailpmnotifycheck replace $emailnotifycheck with checked="checked".

Regards

MicheallllToungue!! Toungue
Thanks a lot friends!
Hello, does anyone know how to force pm email notification in mybb 1.4.5?
Thanks Smile
(2009-06-24, 09:26 PM)peepo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, does anyone know how to force pm email notification in mybb 1.4.5?
Thanks Smile

OMG. You bump three years old thread Toungue

Nevermind.
This functionality of PM notification send to Email Inbox, is available at the time of Registration.
When some one registers on your forum, and If Tick the "Notify me by email when I receive a new Private Message." at [Account Preferences:] Tab, then he/she will receive the PM notifications through Email.

Another way to enbale it is though ModCP to edit the users Profile Options One by One .
Haha yes I bumped an old thread, because we are told to search before posting a fresh one Toungue

Hmmm I dont want to manually edit every user account. In previous posts within this thread it is said possible to force email notification with a template code mod. Why not in 1.4?
Thanks Smile
In case you want Email notification you will have to edit the template "member_register"
It is located here:

AdminCP > Themes and Styles > Templates > Your Theme's template > Member Templates ? member_register > Edit

Find

$emailpmnotifycheck

Replace it with

checked="checked"
Pages: 1 2