MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google Seo not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Several weeks ago, I installed Google SEO on my forum at www.wagnermeters.com/concreteforum

This morning, all the urls were broken; the list of threads from the default of http://www.wagnermeters.com/concreteforu....php?fid=2 is redirected to http://www.wagnermeters.com/concreteforu...n-Concrete which it has been for the past few weeks, but now there's a 404. Not much of a forum if it's broken.

I upgraded from 1.6.0 to 1.6.1 because I thought that might fix it, and even downloaded and installed the new google SEO MyBB 1.6.1 functions.php file, and reactivated the plugin. Still all 404s.

Would it help if I completely uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled it? I'd rather not lose the settings... but if that's what it takes...

Your help is appreciated.
did you change your htaccess? make sure its still there.
(2011-01-20, 12:23 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]did you change your htaccess? make sure its still there.

The htaccess remains unchanged... I don't know what went wrong.
I looked at the plugin settings pages, and there's two instances of SpiceFuse SEO settings there. I looked in the plugin folder on the server and I don't see any plugin - and I remember uninstalling it a long time ago. I must have not done that correctly. How do I uninstall it all the way?
You can just delete the leftover setting groups (modify settings tab)
(2011-02-02, 04:28 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]You can just delete the leftover setting groups (modify settings tab)

Thanks. Now, the Google SEO plugin is still not working. Attached is an image that looks like there's something still wrong with the configuration, but it doesn't list what it is? Anyone know what's wrong? I changed the functions.php file to the Google Seo 1.6.1 version.

I finally figured out what it was - I needed to uncomment the RewriteBase.

Hmmm, that's odd. It shouldn't show blanks for warnings. And Google SEO doesn't detect a missing rewritebase (not everyone needs one), so that shouldn't have caused the warning.