MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin Perms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, my friend and I both own this forum powered by MyBB. I would like to know how to make it so I cant screw up the forum, and he has power over me. So he is one that cant be changed but I can.
Changed the UID's of the super admins in /inc/config.php
Should I backup first? Also if I have mine and his UID how would I put it?
$config['super_admins'] = '1,2';
Like that?^
No need to backup.
If your UID is 2, and his is 1. Only have 1 in there.
You can also change admin permission in the admin panel.
But If I make it: $config['super_admins'] = '1,2';
Would we both have super admin?
And this would make it so I cant mess with him and he cant mess with me?
No, it means you can both ''mess'' with eachother.
Oh, okay Wink
Besides, 2 admins should be close and trusted friends. There wont be any messing around with each others accounts.
(2011-01-20, 02:41 AM)iSponges Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, my friend and I both own this forum powered by MyBB. I would like to know how to make it so I cant screw up the forum, and he has power over me. So he is one that cant be changed but I can.

If the ownership is 50/50.Then cutting him down to size will probably result in destroying that partnership.Possibly the forum as well?

Sure you want to do that?

A super admin can only be edited by super admins, so if you're both super admin, you may as well both just be regular admins.

If there's chance the other person could 'mess' with your account, are you sure they should really be an admin??