MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: suggestion: make the moderation queue available to all moderators and super-moderator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I sometimes assign people to be moderators and super-moderators who aren't technically savvy enough to handle the full admin CP.

I don't want them to change settings like "themes" and other admin settings. I figured out how to change their admin permissions, but I couldn't figure out how to set up a non-admin moderator who can view the moderation queue.

Also, the moderation queue text box is very small and requires too much scrolling. It would be nice to make it a little bigger.

Edit: What I mean by bigger is wider. Maybe a little bit taller too.
The moderation queue is also sort of "built in" to the regular forums interface - unapproved posts and threads are the same as being in the moderation queue. I believe by default unapproved threads and posts are highlighted by a red-ish background.
This is true. The moderators can access threads this way, but it's not efficient for them to do this if there are a lot of threads. The threads / topics don't get flagged in any way that shows the moderator when they need to look for posts to validate until they click each one and look for the red.
In the next version, the number of unapproved threads/posts are shown on the main forum listings.

Also it's possible to allow these usergroup to access the Admin CP. Make sure you make the default admin permissions everything 'No' except for "Moderate threads and posts". And then set the admin permissions correctly for your other admins.