MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: kicked off from admin panel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys,
In my forum I defined an administrator user, call it, "user_XXX" other that the standard "admin".
After moving my forum from one server to a new one, I tried to change "admin" user name into something different, while logged in as "user_XXX" (admin panel, of course).

Now, every time a page is loaded, the systems logs me out, both as admin and "user_XXX". Moreover, I can see only the logged user in the user list panel.

Any idea on what's going on?

Thanks!
Sounds like a cookies issue. Could be wrong, however.

Check to see if the cookies path is correct in 'inc/config.php'.
Cookie settings are in settings.php, not config.php...

@gimp what's your URL??
I guess it may be a session or something related to that problem? I mean something checking admincp automatically logs of after certain interval of time saying session expired? Confused
(2011-01-20, 12:45 PM)Kazuto Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a cookies issue. Could be wrong, however.

Check to see if the cookies path is correct in 'inc/config.php'.

I don't think it's cookies, since the forum works properly for all users, as far as I know. It used to work even AFTER moving to the new server and BEFORE I changed admin name.

My URL: http://forum.sic-est.it
(2011-01-20, 01:15 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]I guess it may be a session or something related to that problem? I mean something checking admincp automatically logs of after certain interval of time saying session expired? Confused

mmm... how do I check for that?
Your cookie path is /forum/ and should be / so try changing that in ./inc/setting.php and see if you can login again. Do you mean that when you login it goes _straight_ back to the login screen after you submit it, or it loads the ACP properly, but then goes back to the login page after you click anywhere??
(2011-01-20, 02:21 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Your cookie path is /forum/ and should be / so try changing that in ./inc/setting.php and see if you can login again. Do you mean that when you login it goes _straight_ back to the login screen after you submit it, or it loads the ACP properly, but then goes back to the login page after you click anywhere??

Second option, man!

As for the cookie path, originally it was "/". I must have changed it for some reason while trying... Blush

Wait, 'cookiepath' is set to '/'. Why my system keeps showing '/forum/' in 'Cookie Path"?
Were you able to login after making that change?? if you can, make sure you go to ACP Configuration > General Configuration > change the cookie path again here, so it's updated in the database too.
(2011-01-20, 02:37 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Were you able to login after making that change?? if you can, make sure you go to ACP Configuration > General Configuration > change the cookie path again here, so it's updated in the database too.

Same as before. Were do I find that piece of info in the DB?
Ok. I found it and changed to '/'

However, still nothing new.
Clear your browser cookies and try again.
Pages: 1 2