MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: GoDaddy's Rumors?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

I'm currently using hosting and domain management through GoDaddy.

I heard from a few sources that GoDaddy, apart from being a rip-off, also tends to steal people's domains who they think are valuable can be sold for a profit.

Can anyone confirm these rumors?
Read the comments here, some good some bad. I don't know if i would believe them all as it is still a very large company and it is hard to believe they would ruin their reputation like that

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaint...52062.html

Some words there which may be offensive. Just Saying.

my opinion, go with namecheap.com. Not saying godaddy is bad, but saying that if you feel that you do not trust them, don't go with them.
Another plug for namecheap.com. been using them for years. Godaddy is just plain annoying.
Any one know how much it is to transfer a domain to namecheap
I have been using Godaddy for quite a few months and they are fine.
I have been using godaddy for two years and are yet to have any problems :s
well , I have 3 domain with them -> with 2 different accounts and name... and got pwned with my latest account and now they asking for verification.... well -> and for domain theft to sell valuable domain you can issue court paper to them too.. if you are smart Toungue
They didn't steal it. They just removed the domain from the owner and gave it to someone else without cause.
GoDaddy has been known to hijack user's domains for unjust reasons. I've read a few times on WHT where GoDaddy will inject itself in the middle of a DMCA dispute and pull the domain from a users account while the legalities are worked out.

I've already read dozens of times where a user will login to their account, search for a domain on GoDaddy's website, add it to their cart, leave the site, and come back later to find that same domain has been purchased by GoDaddy and listed at a "premium" price. Now I understand popular domains will get picked up quick, but a lot of the threads I read involved domains that were only valuable to the user such as full names, clubs, and random characters.
Just found this: www.NoDaddy.com
Wow....never knew godaddy was so evil (almost as bad as walmart)
Pages: 1 2 3