MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Websites fot downloading themes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'd love to have a premade basic green theme for MyBB.

Does anyone know any good sites for downloading them besides the link on the MyBB site?
http://www.mybbmods.com/viewfiles.php?cid=10 has some great ones

currently 4 available, 4 more being upgraded soon, and I dont know about the other 3
but they aren't all for RC4...
Can you use an RC2 Theme for RC4, too?
You could possibly import and RC2 theme into RC4 (although I haven't tried this myself), but the theme would be incomplete so you would have to add some properties yourself. Also, the themes templates would be outdated and would also require extensive modification.

My best advice...don't bother.
I made an announcement at MyBB Mods about the RC-2 skins in question.

http://www.mybbmods.com/forum/showthread...843#pid843

The conversions are complete.. testing them only remains. Be patient.. this shouldnt take long. Wink Big Grin
I'm in need of RC4 themes, really. Already tried out the ones on the main site.

I might have to try my hand and creating one or two myself. Any rough estimate on how much editing is involved?
well, depends. Do you want a basic color change?? Or an entire page change??

For color, creating one is simple. You can do it at Admin CP > Themes > Add

For entire page change, you'll need to edit the templates, found at Admin CP > Templates > Modify/Delete > *template set* > they are all here
I would recommend only doing styles at this point (image swaps...color changes). The Gold Release is coming and it will save you alot of time if you keep it simple for the time being.

As far as editing goes, it all depends on what you want to do. The templates are alot better structured then the 50+ kazillion that certain boards *ahem IPB* have; although it doesn't have the editability of say a mercury board with it's template variables (god, I loved that). All in all this is a brilliant board with tons of features and from what I hear the skinning will be alot more refined in the gold release.

My advise as mentioned previously is to keep it simple.
However now would be a great time to start doing concepts for future skins. =)
I agree with Altered. I personally am waiting for Gold to do any "new" skins, altho i have ported my RC-2 skins over. I believe waiting for gold is the better thing to do if you plan on tricking out templates and making a really complex skin.

If you are really just wanting simple... then go ahead with RC4 as it should be easier to port over the new and coming release MyBB "Gold.
There is a RC4 skin over @ mybbplanet.com for download.
Pages: 1 2