MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Set forum to appear offline/online
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How to set the forum to appear offline/online from the database?
OR
How to reset admin password from database?
I forgot my admin password so, i niether have access to admin panel of forum nor can reset admin password from forum...
Any help ?
This will reset your password to test:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', `salt` = '' WHERE `uid` = '1';

Change the 1 to your UID if it isn't 1.
yes as Matt said,if you don't know where to do that,goto your cpanel(hosting panel and not ACP) there find something named PhpMyAdmin and login it and select the database associated with your forum.After going there,you would mostly see a tab named QUERY,go there and run the query above as Matt said and click GO and then your password would be reseted to test

edit: and yeah,if you kept your database's table name as anything other than mybb then in the query code change mybb_users to yourtablename_users
Quote:Your SQL query has been executed successfully ( Query took 0.0113 sec )
Now what is the password?
(2011-01-21, 10:21 AM)NicePerson Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Your SQL query has been executed successfully ( Query took 0.0113 sec )
Now what is the password?

Password is test
now you can login with password:

test

Smile
I still can't login with test password..
Help
Any other SQL query to set forum online?
Then i will reset the password easily..
If it didn't work, you didn't run the query right.

In ./inc/settings.php, find $settings['boardclosed'] = "1"; and change the 1 to a 0. Then change your password, and then go into the settings and make this change again.
(2011-01-21, 11:34 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If it didn't work, you didn't run the query right.

In ./inc/settings.php, find $settings['boardclosed'] = "1"; and change the 1 to a 0. Then change your password, and then go into the settings and make this change again.
Thanks, this worked..