MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove pruning from my forums.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to remove all pruning options from my forums. (Not including basic moderation tools, just mass pruning.) How would I do it?
Just don't use them ?
(2011-01-20, 06:17 PM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]Just don't use them ?

It's not to stop myself from using it. Undecided
What 'pruning' tolls are you referring to exactly...?? I don't think there are any 'pruning' options on the front end, are there...??
(2011-01-20, 06:30 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What 'pruning' tolls are you referring to exactly...?? I don't think there are any 'pruning' options on the front end, are there...??

- Thread pruning
- User pruning
There is none?
Yes, those are in the ACP, I said the front end.

Pruning is done via the pruning task, so if you want to remove this for whatever reason, delete the User Pruning task from the Task Manager in the ACP and delete ./inc/tasks/userpruning.php

Why would you need to remove these though, out of interest...??
(2011-01-20, 06:40 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, those are in the ACP, I said the front end.

Pruning is done via the pruning task, so if you want to remove this for whatever reason, delete the User Pruning task from the Task Manager in the ACP and delete ./inc/tasks/userpruning.php

Why would you need to remove these though, out of interest...??
Exactly, just don't use them,
Only and administrator can access them and then even still.
I rarely ever used pruning myself.
You can just remove the entries from the code ( or does backend also uses the template system ? )