MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Automatic Banning.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so I am using the Warning System to set someone to be banned when they reach 100% warning level. My question is, if I select the option permanent for them to be banned when they reach 100%, will it unban them once one of their warnings expires to bring them under 100%?

If not, how can I do that?
You'd need a plugin to do that. It doesn't make sense to do it like that by default, otherwise if someone gives users a 1 month ban for reaching 100%, and the next day a warning expires and takes them back under 100%, the ban would end, and we'd get threads asking why the ban ended so soon.
Thanks Matt.

I guess I'll need to request a plugin for it. Smile

Thanks again.
The banning is dependant of the ban itself...
Say if they reach 100% and you ban for 3 months, but the warning expires after 1 month, he still is being banned for 2 more months
Only when he/she again reaches 100% will he/she be banned again for 3 months.
I don't know how it is though when the ban duration has expired and you would still have 100% warning.
Think it does not reinstate the ban.
(2011-01-20, 07:59 PM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]The banning is dependant of the ban itself...
Say if they reach 100% and you ban for 3 months, but the warning expires after 1 month, he still is being banned for 2 more months
Only when he/she again reaches 100% will he/she be banned again for 3 months.
I don't know how it is though when the ban duration has expired and you would still have 100% warning.
Think it does not reinstate the ban.

Matt already answered for me, but thanks anyway. Smile