MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We recently installed MyBB 1.1.1 and are liking it quite a bit, yet we have one problem. It seems useres using any version of Internet Explorer cannot log in to their accts to view the forums. I have both Mozilla Firefox and IExplorer v6.0. I log in just fine from Firefox browser. The IExplorer browser is a completely different story. I type in my name and password and it gives me the "Successfull" message. It then redirects me to the main page of the forums as it should, but I'm still not logged in. Now I assume this is not a problem with the cookies because it does not do this with Firefox, IE only. I've tried clearing the History ad the cookies in IE as well to no avail. Could use a little help. I got a lot of people complaining to me they can't access the forums.

Thx,
-Zoltar
clear your IE Cookies

Type your domain name / admin to get into the admincp (this usually logs in fine)

Points to note: if the admincp login screen is fractured over the screen when you log in, then your system date is wrong.

Go into Board settings > General Configuration > edit the cookie domain to .XXXXX.YYY (where XXXXX is your site name, subdomain etc, and YYY is your site extension, (ie, .com, .info, .co.uk)

ie, mine is .gamerzhq.info
but if i was setting a forum up on a subdomain it would be
.XXX.gamerzhq.info or if my forum was on a subdirectory it would be
.gamerzhq.info/forums

etc Smile

hope that works

Clear any cookies that make mention of your site in IE then close IE and reload your site, then login.

should work now. Smile
For accurate domain name and path for your cookie settings depending on the site you are using, use this tool

And edit them from the place mentioned by squall_leonhart69r
, which is Admin CP >Board settings > Change > General Configurations

regards
hmm. nope, I just tried that fix. still no go. like I said Firefox is working just fine. IE just won't do it.

Here's what I got right now..

cookie domain = .serpentsofeden.net/FORUM
cookie path = /FORUM/

I hope I got this correct. this is bugging me a bit. heh.

and thx for the help in advance.

-Zoltar
cookie domain should be .serpentsofeden.net

umm you have also a problem with your email server btw.

regards

hehe yeah. we don't have the mail server set up yet. we don't wanna put one on that machine. know a way to redirect it to a Gmail acct? lol.. for now we manually activate accts.

and I changed the cookie domain to .serpentsofeden.net still a no go.

I'm in the IRC right now if that helps any. also. How do you get your sig to randomize? I've got a randomizer script but I'm too stupid to make it work.
Actually i have noticed something, you are using a masked domain.

your real URL is http://drakenvall.game-host.org/forum

so you have to change the Cookie domain and Path depending on these info.

Cookie Domain: .drakenvall.game-host.org
Cookie Path: /forum/

ok now regarding the mail server, umm now you have specified that users must activate their account using the the activation mail, however your system doesn't send messages yet. You have to switch into instant activating meanwhile, this can be done through the board's settings...... forget you have just did that.

regards

Grrr. still nothing. maybe it's a problem between IE explorer and MyBB v1.1.1?

I like MyBB, I'd hate to have to switch for something this dumb..
Well no there is no problem between IE and MyBB 1.1.1
you still have the path as /FORUM/
where as your link is /forum/. i know it doesn't matter when browsing , but for cookies it does.

if i visit your site this way http://drakenvall.game-host.org/forum i can't login, whereas if i go http://drakenvall.game-host.org/FORUM i can.

So for that reason, change all FORUM to forum, in the URLs and the paths. it is better not only foor cookie settings but it is also less complicated.

regards
Using IE I can't log in to eith of those.. but just to get this straight.

everything in settings that says FORUM needs to change to forum. do I need to do the same thing to the file names on the server itself? Now remember I don't have access to the server machine itself. My control of it is limited to the Forum Interface.
Pages: 1 2