MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Subforum under Subforum is not marking Main Forum as Read
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
www.malumfactum.com is my website.

Under our WoW Forum I have a Sub-forum for Raid Groups and Class Discussions which has more forums underneath them.

So the structure is World of Warcraft Discussion > Raid Groups > Team Anything.

If anyone posts in one of the Team Forums it will show a new post is available on the Index Page under World of Warcraft Discussion. The problem is that once that thread in the Team Forums has been read it does not register all the way to the Index Page.

The only way to fix it is to mark all forums read everytime OR you have to back yourself out through each of the Parent Forums in order to register that all thread under World of Warcraft Discussion are in fact read.

Any suggestion on how to fix this issue.

Also, I originally had Raid Groups and Class Discussions as Categories but I decided to try them as another forum to see if that made a difference and it did not.
It's a known issue of the thread read system, which would apparently require a total rewrite to make it efficient. The problem is that if you have lots of nested forums, checking the content of every single forum in the forum structure could be quite an intensive process.
same here,am too messed with that thing!