MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Start from scratch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,

My forum has been inactive for a few months now, and now that I have the time I'd like to bring it back. I was wondering what the best way is to go about starting from scratch. To clarify, removing all members, posts, threads, skins, plug-ins, everything - I just want to start again.

Would it be best to just remove everything from my database (if so, what specifically?) or should I just remove certain things?

Cheers and thanks, Reece.
If you just ran the installation script again, it'd be a fresh install again. That'd be quicker than manually deleting stuff from the database.
Ah, okay, thanks. How would I do that exactly?
Make sure the ./install/ folder exists, then just go to yoursite.com/install/index.hp and run through the installation wizard again.
Why not just delete the database, create a new one ,then run the mybb installer?

That's pretty much what I've already said...

You might also want to delete all your files and reupload everything fresh first too, to get rid of plugins and themes etc, and then you'll be sure you're running the latest version too.