MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Logins for current members not working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well as I posted in thi thread I merged my forum from a previous phpbb3 forum and had some issues but they are fixed, but now I have another one. Old members from before the conversion are having trouble logging in saying that they are using an incorrect password. Now I have heard this from at least 3 different members and each is saying that they never got the "new password" email that was sent to them when they tried to retrieve a new password (yes, they checked the spam folder).

Any idea why the passwords aren't working?
Well I had this problem also. What I did was I went to the plugins section of the ACP and deactivated the passwordconvert plugin. Then you want to reactivate it. It will tell you that it won't work with 1.6 so you want to go into the code of it. You will find something that says version or something. You wan't to change that from a 14 to 16 then re-activate.

I didn't make much sense when I said how to edit. I will find the thread and reply.
Please download and install this plugin
http://community.mybb.com/attachment.php?aid=19950

It has the proper edits already in place.
(2011-01-22, 07:15 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Please download and install this plugin

That link doesn't work.Confused
(2011-01-22, 07:15 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Please download and install this plugin

Correct link;
http://community.mybb.com/attachment.php?aid=19950 Wink
(2011-01-22, 08:35 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]

That link doesn't work.Confused

Sorry about that, I posted at 3:30am and I forgot to convert the attachment ID from the original post into a proper attachment link. Thanks Yaldaram for doing it for me Smile
Ok this seems to have worked, so i will mark as resolved for now.

Thanks guys Big Grin
Glad its fixed, though I should be miffed that you gave the "Best Answer" to Yaldarram just for fixing the link Toungue