MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: x10 webhost and mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

Anyone use x10 web hosting? Do you know the easiest way to transfer your local server environment MyBB boards to x10 hosting live? Right now I have all the PHP files up, but IDK how to bring the MySQL database with and put it on their server.

Cuz as of right now I'm getting the error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
use diffrent host, i'm using free one and works great!
Use phpmyadmin. Log in to phpmyadmin and click on your mysql database. Click inport and upload your database. And then you might also need to edit the mysql info in the config.php Smile
Export the database from the localhost environment by going Admin CP > Database Backups > New Backup.

Then after creating a new database, install MyBB. Once MyBB is installed you can then import the database backup through phpMyAdmin.

If you need to transfer files you can simply upload all your files then change the database config and cookie config in the config.php and settings.php files located in the inc directory. After this is done you may need to update them again in the Admin CP.

To import the database if you transfer files, simply create a new database then import using phpMyAdmin.

I have previously had issues with x10 however, and I am currently using 000webhost.com for a free site.
Usually x10 has problems with this. If you want to switch, try 000webhost.com

mybb works great with them, I have tested it themselves
(2011-01-21, 11:16 PM)CoasterGeek101 Wrote: [ -> ]Usually x10 has problems with this. If you want to switch, try 000webhost.com

mybb works great with them, I have tested it themselves

I would never use 000webhost.com

If you want a good free host
check out hostcell.net
Both x10 and 000webhosts sucks.
Like Yaldaram said, they suck at software with db but in the host, bit slow but unmetered space, I say use paid host Smile
x10 is a terrible host. But import your DB through phpmyadmin.
why do you guys say x10 is so bad? i imported my database and mybb is working great.
Pages: 1 2