MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Best chatbox mod for Mybb 1.4?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all. I realize this should go into the plugins forum but I truthfully did not know which subforum to post this in so I just posted it to general support.

I've always used XAT chatboxes on my site. I've had this site for about a year and a half now and have always had problems with the XAT chatbox. The only reason I've used a XAT chatbox this whole time is because I could not find a good working chatbox that was built into mybb.

Basically I'm looking for a chatbox that only recognizes registered members and remembers who are mods/admins and so on and so forth.

I'd also like it to be at the top of NO MATTER WHICH forum you enter.

I tried usiing a chatbox like this that I think I found on this site but after EVERY SINGLE TIME ANYONE SAID ANYTHING the WHOLE PAGE would reset itself, which was a HUGE pain in the bottom! It didn't allow for any real conversations, because everyone had to wait a ton of seconds just to reply to a single sentence.

So I'm wondering, in all of your experiences, what is the best chatbox for Mybb 1.4 (PS: it has to be FREE!!!) that either does or does not do the various things that I have mentioned I wanted/hated?

Thanks! Big Grin
MyShoutbox is the best.

http://mods.mybb.com/view/myshoutbox