MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Awards/Medals system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Would it be at all possible for someone to make an awards mod plugin?

I mean I've got the ideas, but not the coding knowledge to do so.

In ACP
- Can Create/Edit/Delete/Reorder categories/sub-categories in ACP (with category name and description)
- Can Create/Edit/Delete awards in ACP (with Award Name, Description, Icon URL, Image URL)
- Can Move one (or all) award(s) from one category to another
- Can set some awards un-classified (not displayed for public)
- Can re-order awards in awards showcase
- Issue awards to members, based on username or userid, with Issue Reason
- Remove awards from members
- Options to set number of awards displayed in postbit
- Options to turn on/off showing award icon, images, award requests in awards list, awards icons in memberlist

Forum pages:
- Display awards list in with: Award Name, Description, Icon, Image, and Members who get each award.
- Display awards showcase in profile, with Award information, Issue time and reason
- Display award icons in postbit
- Display limit awards in postbit, with total awards, and a link to awards showcase in member profiles.
- Display award on Memberlist page

If anyone could do something like this I would be really greatful. I've seen similar mods around for other forum software, and thought it would be really cool to have one for MyBB as I'm looking for one for programmer to Programmer.
Or, would anyone like to work on it with me? Someone that knows the workings of MyBB quite well.
Can noone make this?
I would like this. Anyone want it?
This would be a GREAT plugin!!
ya, this would be a really cool mod, i think that it should also be able to give awards auttomaticly, like so if a user has the most posts then he/she would auttomaticly get the "Most posts award" or something like that
Unfortuantley, no-one can make this at the moment Sad
I hope someone will make it. Probably after the 1.2 version is done
I will probably do some minor stuff for it, but I can't make the entire thing.
I've started work on it myself, I'll be doing a 1.2 version and 1.1.x version (obviouslly the 1.1.x version first of all).

I could use the help for the admin side Ryan if you're interested.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8