MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error 44
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've seen a lot of these, but in my case the previous suggestions don't appear to work.

In the config file I have

$config['database']['type'] = 'mysql';

A little background. We just moved to a new VPS and I have installed MySQL, php and everything else I believe I need - therefore I'm in control of the server so any config issues are of my making. Hopefully that also means someone can tell me what to do to solve the problem.

2 caveats -

1. I'm a database programmer but I have never used or installed MySQL before, so perhaps I did something wrong.

2. The SQL script I used to create the tables and port the data had an error reported, but the data all looks good - though it's a little hard to verify everything.

Ideas please!
If both mysql and mysqli don't work in config.php, then it's not something we can help you with, it would mean neither the mysql or mysqli PHP extensions are installed onto your server. Setting up your server is beyond the scope of support here.
ask your host what database type they are using,(mySQL, mySQLi, pgSQL or SQLite) and then change accordingly to in the below code in ./inc/config.php:

$config['database']['type'] = 'mysql';

Replace mysql with the db type they offer and try accordingly I guess(I may be wrong but you may try)
Thanks Matt, perhaps I'm missing an extension. As I said, I've not installed mysql before and I don't know much about php and php extensions.