MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: support helper of the month
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think it would be good if you assigned a support helper of the month to a member of the forums.
This would be a member or members that have given other members lots of support in the past month and the staff could decide who gets it. I've seen this done on other support forums.
I think its a fair idea.
I really don't think this is a good idea, it wouldn't work on this forum. If there's some sort of reward for it, people will end up posting there just to try and get something for it, whether they're posting good support or not. And all that's going to happen every month is "I don't think this person should have got it", "I did better than this person", "why did they get it and not me" etc etc. We've done fine up to now without anything like this, I don't really see what it'd achieve. Do people really need a little badge saying they've posted support in the last month??
There was none of that in the other forums i saw it used on atleast not in public or the shotm announement.
(2011-01-22, 02:07 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't think this is a good idea, it wouldn't work on this forum. If there's some sort of reward for it, people will end up posting there just to try and get something for it, whether they're posting good support or not. And all that's going to happen every month is "I don't think this person should have got it", "I did better than this person", "why did they get it and not me" etc etc. We've done fine up to now without anything like this, I don't really see what it'd achieve. Do people really need a little badge saying they've posted support in the last month??

This is right on the other hand too.
Well i agree with both ends. I think it would be a good idea but also agree with matt. However, i would not want bad support to become the biggest thing. Regardless, not quite sure.
There are other things that aren't a problem on other forums but some members here end up turning them into problems. I mean, there's already been a few problems with people asking for their posts to be marked as the best answer, so if something like that has caused problems, this definitely would. Giving support is not something I'd want to turn into a competition.
IMO we should get the Mentors group back.
That didn't work either. People were confusing their opinions as official opinions/responses from the team, most of them weren't even active, it didn't really work. I doubt that'll be making a reappearance either.
Then have requirements and demote them if they aren't.
Pages: 1 2