MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced WYSIWYG Editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Advanced WYSIWYG Editor adds a pretty cool editor like vBulletin or WBB3 already have to MyBB.

Features
  • MyCode - The best thing about this editor is its MyCode-HTML converter. You don't need to enable HTML to use this editor.
  • Personalize It - You can manage/edit/add editor themes like normal forum themes in the control panel.
  • Where do you want to use it? - You can define where you want to use the WYSIWYG editor. You can use it at New Thread/New Post/Edit Post, Quick Reply, Compose PM and Edit Signature.
  • Attachment & Smilies - All recent WYSIWYG editors for MyBB had no support for Attachment and Smilies, but our have.
  • Modes - You can switch the editor to the view mode or the source mode.

Screenshots
[attachment=21387][attachment=21388][attachment=21389]

Demo
Try it out on FrinkLabs.

Download on MyBB mods directory

Current Status: Validated, visible

How to add a new button to the editor
can you use it to edit profile bio, profile stuff etc?
It does not seem to work on Chrome...
(2011-01-24, 08:05 AM)kimreal Wrote: [ -> ]can you use it to edit profile bio, profile stuff etc?
No, only where the default MyCode editor is/was and quick reply.

(2011-01-24, 09:08 AM)darkly Wrote: [ -> ]It does not seem to work on Chrome...
I think the problem is that the editor has still some problems with some smilie names.

Update: The editor doesn't support smilies which have a ' , because this breaks the array for smilies.

smilies[':'('] = ....

Update 2: Upload the attached plugin file in the plugin dir and it may work. Wink

[attachment=21404]

Cool, nice to see this is finally out.
Good job simon
We look forward to
thanks for this awesome plugin. hope to see more editor themes. Smile
Cool!
Nice work Simon. A client of mine had a WYSIWYG editor near the top of their list of wants. Glad this is finally out and they'll be happy xD
I added a new icon to defalut MyBB editor. Icon of spoiler Mycode. If this icon will be still available in this editor?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17