MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Auto Subscribe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi again,Blush
Could somebody tell me a way or a plugin on how to Auto subscribe for those users who posted in X thread so they get email notification if any new posts come to the same X thread?Blush

Thanks and regards. Rolleyes

One more Question I just got it after posting: You have already posted this thread in this forum. Please visit the forum to see your thread.

How to add this msg to my forum since many times I'm getting duplicate posts.

Thanks again Shy
For Auto subscribe: Go to: ACP > Templates > Member Templates > member_register template > and find;
<option value="0" {$no_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_auto_subscribe}</option>
and change it to;
<option value="0" selected="selected" {$no_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_auto_subscribe}</option>

Similarly change it in User Control Panel Templates > usercp_options template.

---
If you want to make it permanent to every user must get email notified, then use the following code;
<input type="hidden" name="subscriptionmethod" id="subscriptionmethod" value="2" />

(2011-01-23, 01:50 PM)testpoint Wrote: [ -> ]One more Question I just got it after posting: You have already posted this thread in this forum. Please visit the forum to see your thread.

Thanks again Shy

I think you are using duplicate post plugin. Isn't it ?
(2011-01-23, 02:08 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]For Auto subscribe: Go to: ACP > Templates > Member Templates > member_register template > and find;
<option value="0" {$no_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_auto_subscribe}</option>
and change it to;
<option value="0" selected="selected" {$no_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_auto_subscribe}</option>

Similarly change it in User Control Panel Templates > usercp_options template.

---
If you want to make it permanent to every user must get email notified, then use the following code;
<input type="hidden" name="subscriptionmethod" id="subscriptionmethod" value="2" />

(2011-01-23, 01:50 PM)testpoint Wrote: [ -> ]One more Question I just got it after posting: You have already posted this thread in this forum. Please visit the forum to see your thread.

Thanks again Shy

I think you are using duplicate post plugin. Isn't it ?

Thanks for reply.
No I'm not using this plugin.
Mostly I get duplicate posts when the forum freezes for a while ( problem from the server or ISP).
Thanks for supportRolleyes

Yes, it might be server / host issue.