MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shared or VPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I run a MyBB forum and it stats are 3K Threads 13K Posts 5K Members. 7 Plugins running and forums constantly growing

I'm going to change servers should I go for a VPS or a new Shared Hosting site. I'm sick of my current host :/. I do have the budget for both.

So any answers or advice?
You won't need a VPS until you have 100k+ posts and you're getting at least 50 concurrent connections. You'll last on shared hosting for a good few months.
It doesn't matter how many posts you have, it's how many simultaneous views there is.
The Who's online list usually ranges about 50-125 People in 15 Minutes So not that many people.
Shared... I have from 200 to 350 users in last 15 mins and I'm on a shared.
It sometimes isn't about what you need and more about what you want. If you want good access to be able to fix issues yourself and give yourself a few more megs of bandwidth etc. then a VPS is the one to go for Toungue
VPS if you know how to maintain it. If you aren't up on security and other bugs and fixes go for shared.
VPS, I have 2 from Kieran. High quality & very much worth it.
If you need a vps and don't know anything about Linux make sure you get a managed one or prepare to do a ton of research.

From the sounds of it you don't need one yet.
Yeah dont need it, will wait for later
Pages: 1 2