MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 3 Questions about switching from Forumotion to MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I'm trying to transfer my users and their post counts to my new MyBB forum. I have the new forum all set up, and now I'm at the stage in the instructions where I run members_topics_posts.py

I keep getting hung up on the "Topic ID (#)....Transfering Step 4 of 14"

I actually had to restart because after about 5 hours of it being on topic 317 step 4, I just assumed it froze.

I'm running the entire thing again, (yes it went through ALL the users and forums and now I'm on the ID part for the 2nd time) and it still seems like this 'step 4' takes FOREVER on each topic. (This is even after my co-admins helped me delete tons of threads and topics)

What is this step 4? Is there any way I can speed it up?

if it helps anyone answer my questions, here is my forumotion forum:
clover.top-forum.net

and here is my new forum:
sweetcharm.net/forums

--------------

This is a separate question, but still related to the transfer:
I have made a few themes already in the new forum, and my staff and I have made a few posts to keep notes. Must I delete these posts on the new MyBB forum in order for the transfer to work, or will the old topics/threads just be transferred along side? Will the themes be saved? I'm assuming they will since everything is uploaded onto my web host...but I just wanted to double check with anyone who has done this before.

--------------

FINAL NOTE:
While running the members_topics_posts.py program, I notice it isn't finding user e-mails. Is this going to be a problem? I'm ok if the e-mails don't transfer. ALL I want is post count, and names to be the same as they were.

PLEASE HELP! Thank you so much.
We cannot support other software. This is not the MyBB Merge system. It is also in a legal gray area, and against Forumotion policy.