MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Not logging in successfully.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Every time I try logging in on my forum, it doesn't necessarily log me in. I get the 'You have been successfully logged in' message, and then it shows that I'm logged out when I visit the index page. I cleared my cache, cookies, and saved data; and my cookies path should be set correctly. Could anyone help me figure out what's causing this? My forum is http://undeadoralive.x10.mx
Your cookie domain is set to ".uora.net" - it should be ".undeadoralive.x10.mx".
You cookie settings are not correct. Your cookie domain is .uora.net and should be .undeadoralive.x10.mx

Change in ./inc/settings.php, clear browser cookies, make the change again in the ACP.
Thanks.

I don't understand though... I had this same problem before, and I fixed it by changing .uora.net to .undeadoralive.x10.mx in the settings. Why is it doing this again?
Chances are you didn't make the change again in the ACP after editing settings.php like the instructions say. If you don't do that, the old settings are still in the database, and when you save any other settings, the old ones will come back.
When I had this problem before, I fixed the settings in both the php file and in the admin panel. I don't understand why the issue just came up again.
Well, if it went back to the same setting it was before, it must have still been stored in the database, meaning you didn't update it in the ACP properly. There's only two places settings are stored, the file and the database, and the only time old settings will come back is if you edit the file and don't edit it in the ACP afterwards.
To fix the issue all together, why not go into the database manually and fix the settings.
That's exactly what editing in the ACP does, update the database, and editing a setting in the ACP is easier than going into phpMyAdmin to do it.
(2011-01-23, 09:54 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]That's exactly what editing in the ACP does, update the database, and editing a setting in the ACP is easier than going into phpMyAdmin to do it.
Exactly, but if the problem is persisting it would make it a whole lot quicker.
Pages: 1 2