MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: upgrade to 1.6 results in "warning: require_once" and "fatal error: require_once"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2011-01-25, 11:33 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]However, in your case, I think you removed the old 1.4 files before uploading the new 1.6 files which is why I asked you not to remove that particular file.

Guilty. I had created a new directory on my server, copied all the 1.6.1 files to it and then put in the old ./inc/settings.php file from 1.4.2. Then I pointed the domain to the new directory. The alternative (and probably correct) way is to open every sub-directory and replace the files...at least that's what I'd need to do with my ftp client.
(2011-01-25, 11:59 PM)sactown Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-25, 11:33 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]However, in your case, I think you removed the old 1.4 files before uploading the new 1.6 files which is why I asked you not to remove that particular file.

Guilty. I had created a new directory on my server, copied all the 1.6.1 files to it and then put in the old ./inc/settings.php file from 1.4.2. Then I pointed the domain to the new directory. The alternative (and probably correct) way is to open every sub-directory and replace the files...at least that's what I'd need to do with my ftp client.

Yes and a faster way to upload would be to upload everything at once and all subfolders would be uploaded too. Will save you the trouble of going folder to folder.

Pages: 1 2