MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: upgrade to 1.6 results in "warning: require_once" and "fatal error: require_once"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I am upgrading to 1.6 and I get the following when I browser to **********/install/upgrade.php:

Quote:Warning: require_once(/*********/inc/config.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in *************/install/upgrade.php on line 41

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '*************/inc/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php5') in ***************/install/upgrade.php on line 41

Any help appreciated.
Does your regular forum work? URL?
Yes, the 1.4.2 install works fine (I restored the old files to get it back). As for the URL, I can't post it here since it's a private forum protected by an htaccess password.
When you upload the 1.6 files make sure you don't remove the old inc/config.php and the inc/settings.php files
(2011-01-24, 07:55 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]When you upload the 1.6 files make sure you don't remove the old inc/config.php and the inc/settings.php files

The upgrade instructions read as follows:

Quote:upload the contents of the 'Upload' directory to the directory in which you have a previous version of MyBB installed, with the exception of uploading of the following file:

./inc/settings.php

But you're saying to also keep the old inc/config.php file as well. Are the instructions incorrect?

I'll give it a try and report back.

EDIT: the 1.6 files only have inc/config.default.php. Should I delete this and keep the old config.php file or keep both?
The instructions are correct.

The old inc/config.php and the inc/settings.php files remain and are not changed.
Cool, so I've made it into the upgrade wizard window. Now the next problem is my version of MyBB (1.4.2 per the admin panel) isn't listed. The options listed are shown below, which do I choose for an upgrade from version 1.4.2 or do I have to go through other steps before I can upgrade to 1.6.1?

[Image: mybb_upgrade_wizard_options.jpg]
Choose '1.4 or 1.4.1'. Don't know why that's still missing...
Thanks Matt, that worked. Glad to be at 1.6.1 now.
(2011-01-25, 03:17 AM)sactown Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-24, 07:55 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]When you upload the 1.6 files make sure you don't remove the old inc/config.php and the inc/settings.php files

The upgrade instructions read as follows:

Quote:upload the contents of the 'Upload' directory to the directory in which you have a previous version of MyBB installed, with the exception of uploading of the following file:

./inc/settings.php

But you're saying to also keep the old inc/config.php file as well. Are the instructions incorrect?

I'll give it a try and report back.

EDIT: the 1.6 files only have inc/config.default.php. Should I delete this and keep the old config.php file or keep both?

I know you're updated successfully but wanted to clarify this. The wiki does not mention inc/config.php because as you noticed it only has config.default.php so if you just upload the new 1.6 files overwriting the old one, it will not get overwritten. However, in your case, I think you removed the old 1.4 files before uploading the new 1.6 files which is why I asked you not to remove that particular file.
Pages: 1 2