MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't pass last step "Finish Setup"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE
mysql-server-5.5.8_3
php5-5.3.3_2
apache-2.2.16_1

I ran into some problems because I am using MySQL5. I managed to find a post where some nice person uploaded a patched mysql_db_tables.php

This appeared to solve my problem and I progressed through the installation how ever it generates an error at the final step as shown in the image I am about to attach.

I followed some steps on a post I found with a similar problem (Similar but not exactly the same). This involved commenting some lines in install.php. Something about "Make full text columns if supported" or "add_shutdown".

I have tried either, and both. Neither of which changed my situation.

Any advice is well relieved.

oh and I just viewed my pkg_info and it appears I've installed mybb-1.4.13 via the ports system. Hence this is in the wrong section. It should have gone into the support section for 1.4.

Moderators please feel free to move me over there Smile

If no one has a solution for this error I might pkg_delete mybb-1.4.13 and download 1.6 and manually install it. I will wait and see what returns.

Thankyou.
Looks like host issue. Because all the install process has done successfully, but on that point, SQL server is un-able to connect to your forum's database.
Can you link to the post where you downloaded the patched mysql_db_tables.php

It seems you may have used that script meant for 1.6 to install a 1.4 forum.

It would be much easier IMO to just download the 1.6.1 source from here and install it manually.
not sure where it was I downloaded that script from, but you may be correct. I am going to just try remove 1.4 and install 1.6. Would prefer to do it by the ports system as I am new to freebsd but I'll try just downloading it and installing it manually.

Thanks for your comments.