MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Avatar Limit Raised?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, whenever I try to upload a png or jpeg it gives me the error that the file uploaded is too big. Then I'm forced to go into paint (better than photoshop Big Grin) and turn it into a gif. Then it gets all blocky. Could we possibly have it raised a bit?

We don't need gigs and gigs of space (I wouldn't mind that), but maybe some extra would be nice. Smile
Have you tried compressing the png or jpeg? There is no way an avatar should be that large of a file.Undecided
You may use Remote avatar link instead of uploading Wink
(2011-01-24, 06:17 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]You may use Remote avatar link instead of uploading Wink
I just got owned on the interwebz. Toungue

(2011-01-24, 06:07 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried compressing the png or jpeg? There is no way an avatar should be that large of a file.Undecided
No, how would I go about doing that?

You can get programs and some compress the image automatically anyway.
(2011-01-25, 07:03 AM)Kieran D. Wrote: [ -> ]You can get programs and some compress the image automatically anyway.

Isn't JPG a compressed image by default ?
In Photoshop, have you tried saving the image for "Web & Device"?
I made it into a PNG, just fyi. Also, I use Paint. Wink
(2011-01-25, 05:45 PM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]I made it into a PNG, just fyi. Also, I use Paint. Wink

My apologies. I saw the word "photoshop" in your post, and I thought that's what you're using. I better pay more attention next time. Sleepy
No problem. Wink