MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to change MyBB logo on top to my own text
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have installed MyBB at http://www.futurebeacon.com/forum

I have not been able to figure out how to replace the MyBB logo on the top of the forum with text that might say -Future Beacon- in times new roman of some chosen font size.

I have looked over the admin site and the advice about posting questions and the off-line documentation. I notice the style sheet. Do I ever modify and upload that? I'm not sure how or where I would upload it or upload images.

I have read very much but I'm afraid I am not getting it. If I have a step by step solution to this first problem, I might have an example that gives me some idea concerning the general schema. I hope so.

Thank you for your help.

Jim Adrian

[email protected]
Your site is pointing me to 404 page not found.
Thats an image. You can change it to yours by going to your theme in the admincp and scrolling down to where you specify the logo and change it there.

OR

You can just upload your own logo.gif file in the images foder
(2011-01-24, 09:22 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Your site is pointing me to 404 page not found.

I'm sorry. I left out the s at the end of forums.

It should be http://www.futurebeacon.com/forums

Jim Adrian
You can change it to text but I strongly recommend you use an image instead.

To swap the image, create a logo called logo.gif with whatever text you want (do it in Paint if necessary) then upload it to /forums/images/ and overwrite logo.gif through FTP or however you upload files.

Also, it looks like you got hit by spammers already...Make sure captcha is enabled and if necessary, do e-mail activations or install an anti-spam plugin.
(2011-01-24, 09:38 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]Thats an image. You can change it to yours by going to your theme in the admincp and scrolling down to where you specify the logo and change it there.

OR

You can just upload your own logo.gif file in the images foder

Where is the admincp? I go into the admin site, but I don't see what you mean.

How would I upload logo?

Thank you for your help.

Jim Adrian
Since I see you're a novice (no offense) I recommend simply doing an overwrite for less confusion but I'd recommend installing MyBB again on a test folder so you can play around with the Admin CP as it's important that you know how to use it...

Anyway, I'm guessing you installed your forum through one of those 1 click things or someone else did it for you so I'll quickly walk you through FTP.

Get an FTP client such as http://filezilla-project.org/

Download it and install. When it's done installing, you'll add your site and then input the FTP details. Your web host should provide you with these, usually it's in the email when you first sign up.

Ok once you're in, use the menus inside the FTP to navigate your website similar to how you do it in Windows. Then navigate to the forums folder, then go to images and on the left side, go to the folder on your PC where the image is located and select it, then choose upload. The FTP software will prompt you asking whether or not you want to overwrite, hit yes and it'll do so. Now you should see your new logo after a refresh if all went well. Make sure sure you save the logo as .GIF otherwise it won't work unless you change it via the Admin CP.

If you're still confused, I'd recommend reading or watching a video tutorial on how to upload via FTP, a Google search should yield some good results.
(2011-01-24, 10:11 AM)PwnEm Wrote: [ -> ].
Ok once you're in, . . . navigate to the forums folder, then go to images and on the left side, go to the folder on your PC where the image is located and select it, then choose upload.

This did the trick! FTP is built into my GoDaddy hosting account. I didn't notice the forums folder before and I didn't know it could be modified without the control panel.

I have a gif up there now. I also learned to use some of the features of the Admin Control Panel.

Thank you all for your help.

Jim Adrian
Useful thread, thanks. But it looks like the original question was never answered:

How do you change the styling of the text link that appears in the "logo" spot when you do not want to use an image?

Thanks!
try this??
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/index.php"><span style="font-size: 30px;"> YOURTEXT</span></a>